Friday, November 14, 2014

Final # 3: Group 3D Building Project

Here I am setting up my garage by using blocks with brick effects.
here is the brick effects with a big white rectangle which is the garage door.
Here I did the sides of the garage and also the roof top.
Here I started to create a stone driveway.
Here I continued to do the driveway.
I had to angle the driveway a little due to the surface being bumpy.
Here is the view up the driveway with the garage.

In this final, we meet in class number 11. We meet with our groups and went over as to what needed to be done.  We used the audio board to assign different people different task as to what our project had to be which was a house.  Upon finishing up as to who is doing what, we went to different worlds to try and get a world where we could build our group project.  We decided we would use Meshmoon.  We would us one of our team members world that he had already created.

My part of the project was to create a garage and a driveway.  I started off by playing around with different shapes and textures.  Once I got what I liked I began building the garage first.  I started with the front, then I went to the sides and the roof.  Once that was down I did the peak of the garage to make it as real as possible.  Then I went on to doing the garage door by using a cube and just expanding it to make it rectangle and to most importantly make it look like a garage door.  Then I went on to the driveway.  This was harder.  I looked at the different shapes and patterns and affects.  I took a while to decide but liked the stone affect so I decide to use it.  I started with the cube and shrunk it as far down as I could go and then expanded the with of it.  I placed it near the garage door and then cloned it all the way down the driveway.  The end of the drive needed to be inclined due to the surface not being flat, so I used a triangle shape to make the incline affect.  Once I did this I was complete with my part of the final.  As I went I took screen shots and then went to gimp to write my name on the pictures.                                                                                                                             


This is a final in our class where we worked together as a group t build a home.  My group used Meshmoon to create our project.  I was assigned to create a garage and a driveway and make it as real as possible.  It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College.  The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics.  For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment