Monday, September 22, 2014

Midterm 4


My avatar is the snowman, and here I am using gimp paint brush tool to write my name across the screen.  My friend took this screen shot for because I couldn't rotate camera to see the front of m avatar, I did the same for him.

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like.

Here is what the final image looks like with a zoom up of my snow man Avatar.

This is me creating and exporting my avatar with a greeting card.

This the final product with a greeting card, welcoming everyone to join the winter landscape world.

This is, a series of screenshots along with final pictures as to what the Avatar looks like.  I started of by choosing my avatar, which is a snowman.  Then I went into a virtual world called, "winter landscape".  While I was their, there was another student in there with me exploring the virtual world.  From there he took a screenshot of my avatar face, basically because I couldn't rotate the camera to take a picture of my avatar, I did the same for him.  Then I used gimp to write my name and then I exported it to get what the final image looks like.  The following step is I created a greeting card that welcomes everyone to come join me there and I threw in a little humor by saying maybe we could have a snowball fight also.  I created a greeting card by making a text box in order to write words.  As soon as i finished I took screenshot of me exporting it in gimp to a folder, to create the final image.  It is a Midterm exercise from the Immersive Education that I am taking at Boston College.  The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics.  For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc



No comments:

Post a Comment